My Religion Is Religious Freedom for Everyone A Dogma-Free Study of Religions, Mythologies, Cosmologies, Science, Consciousness, and the Mysteries of Existence

 




My Religion Is Religious Freedom for Everyone A Dogma-Free Study of Religions, Mythologies, Cosmologies, Science, Consciousness, and the Mysteries of Existence

When I say, "My religion is religious freedom," I am not claiming to have founded a new faith, nor that religious freedom is a religion in the traditional sense.

I am talking about a personal principle for life and inquiry.

I do not embrace any single religion as the sole owner of truth.

I prefer to study.

To study deeply.

To question.

To compare.

To investigate.

And, above all, to look for patterns.

I Study All Religions Throughout my work, I examine Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and other major religious traditions.

But I don't stop at officially recognized religions.

I also study ancient pagan faiths, extinct religions, mythologies, cosmologies, initiatory traditions, esoteric systems, Gnosticism, Hermeticism, Shamanism, Indigenous traditions, and the philosophical-religious systems of diverse civilizations.

I seek to understand:

Where did these traditions originate?

How did they evolve?

Why do certain symbols appear across completely different cultures?

Why do certain myths share similar structures?

Are there universal patterns in how human beings perceive birth, death, consciousness, the cosmos, and what they call the divine?

Asking these questions does not mean I consider every theory to be true.

It simply means I believe all of them are worth investigating.

Neither Religious Dogma nor Scientific Dogma My inquiry extends far beyond the strictly religious realm.

I attempt to cross-examine ancient traditions with contemporary insights from philosophy, anthropology, archaeology, history, psychology, neuroscience, and physics.

I have a special interest in questions surrounding consciousness, the nature of reality, human perception, and the limits of knowledge.

When I study quantum physics or neuroscience, for instance, my goal isn't to use science simply to "prove" a religion.

Likewise, when I encounter an ancient religious tradition that seems to mirror a modern scientific concept, I don't automatically conclude that the ancients already understood contemporary physics.

A similarity is a starting point for investigation—not proof.

That distinction is vital.

My proposal is to put different fields of knowledge into dialogue with one another, while maintaining clear boundaries between proven fact, hypothesis, philosophical interpretation, religious tradition, and speculation.

Looking for Patterns Without Turning Patterns into Dogma This may be one of the most defining aspects of my work.

I look for patterns.

Patterns across mythologies.

Patterns across cosmologies.

Patterns across religions.

Patterns across symbols.

Patterns across different civilizations.

And whenever possible, I compare these patterns with modern scientific discoveries.

However, there is a golden rule:

Finding a correlation does not prove a historical or scientific connection.

A hypothesis must remain a hypothesis until there is sufficient evidence to turn it into something more solid.

That's why my inquiries don't always need to end with a definitive answer.

Sometimes, the question itself is what matters most.

Religious Freedom Is Not Religious Imposition There is a fundamental distinction we must make:

Religious freedom ≠ Religious imposition.

I defend an individual's right to be Christian.

I defend another's right to be Jewish.

I defend the right to be Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, or a practitioner of any other faith.

I also defend the right to follow an Indigenous tradition, an ancestral religion, or a minority spiritual path.

And I equally defend the right to hold no religion at all.

By that same token, I defend my own right to study all of these traditions without feeling forced to adopt any of them as a personal dogmatic truth.

To me, this is the very essence of religious freedom.

Religion and the State For this exact reason, I do not support using religion as a tool for political domination.

I believe there must be a clear separation between:

religion; politics; the State; the Constitution; laws; and judicial rulings.

This isn't an anti-religious stance.

It is precisely the opposite.

I believe religion is most free when the State does not turn a specific belief system into a mandatory instrument of power.

A secular state does not mean a state that is hostile to God.

A secular state is simply one that belongs to no single religion and guarantees freedom of conscience and belief for everyone.

Citizens are free to bring their faith into public life.

However, the laws of the land must derive their legitimacy from the Constitution, the legal order, and democratic principles—not from forcing everyone to adhere to a specific scripture or religious interpretation.

I Do Not Believe in Using God’s Name to Justify Harm There is another matter I consider even more vital.

I refuse to accept the use of God's name, sacred scriptures, or religious authority to justify war, persecution, violence, intolerance, or any form of cruelty.

Human history is filled with episodes where people claimed to act in the name of God while persecuting, killing, enslaving, or destroying those who thought differently.

This doesn't mean religion is to blame for all of these events.

It means that religion can be weaponized by human ambition.

When that happens, the problem isn't necessarily the faith of millions of believers—it's the manipulation of that faith into a tool for control.

Therefore, I believe one of the highest forms of respect for religion is preventing it from being used to justify violence.

My Religion Is Religious Freedom Perhaps this phrase sums up my stance best:

“My religion is religious freedom for everyone.”

Christians must have the freedom to believe.

Jews must have the freedom to believe.

Hindus must have the freedom to believe.

Buddhists must have the freedom to believe.

Muslims must have the freedom to believe.

Practitioners of traditional or ancestral religions must have the freedom to believe.

And those who do not believe in any religion must enjoy that exact same freedom.

Including the freedom to question them all.

Because a truly free society has no reason to fear questions.

The Purpose of My Work This space is where my work on this blog resides.

I don't want to simply repeat what a religion claims.

Nor do I want to simply parrot what a particular scientist states.

I want to investigate.

I want to compare.

I want to cross-reference sources.

I want to study ancient documents alongside modern discoveries.

I want to observe what is consensus, what is controversial, and what remains unknown.

I want to bring religion, mythology, history, archaeology, philosophy, anthropology, neuroscience, physics, and other fields together side-by-side whenever there is a legitimate question worth comparing.

Without dogma.

Without the obligation to believe.

Without the obligation to disbelieve.

Without mistaking hypotheses for facts.

Without mistaking faith for science.

And without turning science into a new religion.

The Relentless Pursuit of Truth That is why my approach can be summarized in a single phrase:

The Relentless Pursuit of Truth.

It doesn't mean believing I have already found the absolute truth.

It means accepting that truth, wherever it exists, does not fear investigation.

A hypothesis can be challenged.

A belief can be questioned.

A scientific theory can be tested.

A historical interpretation can be revised.

A religious tradition can be studied.

And extraordinary claims must be supported by extraordinary evidence proportional to what they claim to demonstrate.

This is the freedom I consider essential:

The freedom to believe, the freedom to question, and the freedom to investigate.

Final Reflection Perhaps one of humanity's greatest treasures lies precisely in its diversity of answers to the ultimate mysteries of existence.

Thousands of cultures have looked up at the sky and asked where we came from.

Thousands of civilizations created myths to explain the origin of the world.

Philosophers have questioned the nature of reality.

Religions have sought to comprehend God, the gods, the soul, death, and human destiny.

And science continues to ask questions that often show us just how much we still don't know.

I have no desire to destroy any of these traditions.

I want to study them.

I want to understand their contexts.

I want to compare their symbols.

I want to investigate their origins.

I want to look for patterns.

And I want to keep open the possibility that reality is far more complex than any human system has managed to explain so far.

That is why:

My religion is religious freedom for everyone.

My philosophy is inquiry.

My method is comparison.

My commitment is to the pursuit of truth.

And my principle is simple:

No religion should be imposed. No conscience should be enslaved. And no legitimate question should ever be forbidden.



Aqui está a tradução adaptada para o inglês norte-americano. O tom mantém a profundidade filosófica e investigativa do original, utilizando uma estrutura fluida, natural e com terminologia precisa (como free exercise, laic State adaptado para secular state, e referências ao método científico/investigativo).

My Religion Is Religious Freedom for Everyone A Dogma-Free Study of Religions, Mythologies, Cosmologies, Science, Consciousness, and the Mysteries of Existence

When I say, "My religion is religious freedom," I am not claiming to have founded a new faith, nor that religious freedom is a religion in the traditional sense.

I am talking about a personal principle for life and inquiry.

I do not embrace any single religion as the sole owner of truth.

I prefer to study.

To study deeply.

To question.

To compare.

To investigate.

And, above all, to look for patterns.

I Study All Religions Throughout my work, I examine Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and other major religious traditions.

But I don't stop at officially recognized religions.

I also study ancient pagan faiths, extinct religions, mythologies, cosmologies, initiatory traditions, esoteric systems, Gnosticism, Hermeticism, Shamanism, Indigenous traditions, and the philosophical-religious systems of diverse civilizations.

I seek to understand:

Where did these traditions originate?

How did they evolve?

Why do certain symbols appear across completely different cultures?

Why do certain myths share similar structures?

Are there universal patterns in how human beings perceive birth, death, consciousness, the cosmos, and what they call the divine?

Asking these questions does not mean I consider every theory to be true.

It simply means I believe all of them are worth investigating.

Neither Religious Dogma nor Scientific Dogma My inquiry extends far beyond the strictly religious realm.

I attempt to cross-examine ancient traditions with contemporary insights from philosophy, anthropology, archaeology, history, psychology, neuroscience, and physics.

I have a special interest in questions surrounding consciousness, the nature of reality, human perception, and the limits of knowledge.

When I study quantum physics or neuroscience, for instance, my goal isn't to use science simply to "prove" a religion.

Likewise, when I encounter an ancient religious tradition that seems to mirror a modern scientific concept, I don't automatically conclude that the ancients already understood contemporary physics.

A similarity is a starting point for investigation—not proof.

That distinction is vital.

My proposal is to put different fields of knowledge into dialogue with one another, while maintaining clear boundaries between proven fact, hypothesis, philosophical interpretation, religious tradition, and speculation.

Looking for Patterns Without Turning Patterns into Dogma This may be one of the most defining aspects of my work.

I look for patterns.

Patterns across mythologies.

Patterns across cosmologies.

Patterns across religions.

Patterns across symbols.

Patterns across different civilizations.

And whenever possible, I compare these patterns with modern scientific discoveries.

However, there is a golden rule:

Finding a correlation does not prove a historical or scientific connection.

A hypothesis must remain a hypothesis until there is sufficient evidence to turn it into something more solid.

That's why my inquiries don't always need to end with a definitive answer.

Sometimes, the question itself is what matters most.

Religious Freedom Is Not Religious Imposition There is a fundamental distinction we must make:

Religious freedom ≠ Religious imposition.

I defend an individual's right to be Christian.

I defend another's right to be Jewish.

I defend the right to be Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, or a practitioner of any other faith.

I also defend the right to follow an Indigenous tradition, an ancestral religion, or a minority spiritual path.

And I equally defend the right to hold no religion at all.

By that same token, I defend my own right to study all of these traditions without feeling forced to adopt any of them as a personal dogmatic truth.

To me, this is the very essence of religious freedom.

Religion and the State For this exact reason, I do not support using religion as a tool for political domination.

I believe there must be a clear separation between:

religion; politics; the State; the Constitution; laws; and judicial rulings.

This isn't an anti-religious stance.

It is precisely the opposite.

I believe religion is most free when the State does not turn a specific belief system into a mandatory instrument of power.

A secular state does not mean a state that is hostile to God.

A secular state is simply one that belongs to no single religion and guarantees freedom of conscience and belief for everyone.

Citizens are free to bring their faith into public life.

However, the laws of the land must derive their legitimacy from the Constitution, the legal order, and democratic principles—not from forcing everyone to adhere to a specific scripture or religious interpretation.

I Do Not Believe in Using God’s Name to Justify Harm There is another matter I consider even more vital.

I refuse to accept the use of God's name, sacred scriptures, or religious authority to justify war, persecution, violence, intolerance, or any form of cruelty.

Human history is filled with episodes where people claimed to act in the name of God while persecuting, killing, enslaving, or destroying those who thought differently.

This doesn't mean religion is to blame for all of these events.

It means that religion can be weaponized by human ambition.

When that happens, the problem isn't necessarily the faith of millions of believers—it's the manipulation of that faith into a tool for control.

Therefore, I believe one of the highest forms of respect for religion is preventing it from being used to justify violence.

My Religion Is Religious Freedom Perhaps this phrase sums up my stance best:

“My religion is religious freedom for everyone.”

Christians must have the freedom to believe.

Jews must have the freedom to believe.

Hindus must have the freedom to believe.

Buddhists must have the freedom to believe.

Muslims must have the freedom to believe.

Practitioners of traditional or ancestral religions must have the freedom to believe.

And those who do not believe in any religion must enjoy that exact same freedom.

Including the freedom to question them all.

Because a truly free society has no reason to fear questions.

The Purpose of My Work This space is where my work on this blog resides.

I don't want to simply repeat what a religion claims.

Nor do I want to simply parrot what a particular scientist states.

I want to investigate.

I want to compare.

I want to cross-reference sources.

I want to study ancient documents alongside modern discoveries.

I want to observe what is consensus, what is controversial, and what remains unknown.

I want to bring religion, mythology, history, archaeology, philosophy, anthropology, neuroscience, physics, and other fields together side-by-side whenever there is a legitimate question worth comparing.

Without dogma.

Without the obligation to believe.

Without the obligation to disbelieve.

Without mistaking hypotheses for facts.

Without mistaking faith for science.

And without turning science into a new religion.

The Relentless Pursuit of Truth That is why my approach can be summarized in a single phrase:

The Relentless Pursuit of Truth.

It doesn't mean believing I have already found the absolute truth.

It means accepting that truth, wherever it exists, does not fear investigation.

A hypothesis can be challenged.

A belief can be questioned.

A scientific theory can be tested.

A historical interpretation can be revised.

A religious tradition can be studied.

And extraordinary claims must be supported by extraordinary evidence proportional to what they claim to demonstrate.

This is the freedom I consider essential:

The freedom to believe, the freedom to question, and the freedom to investigate.

Final Reflection Perhaps one of humanity's greatest treasures lies precisely in its diversity of answers to the ultimate mysteries of existence.

Thousands of cultures have looked up at the sky and asked where we came from.

Thousands of civilizations created myths to explain the origin of the world.

Philosophers have questioned the nature of reality.

Religions have sought to comprehend God, the gods, the soul, death, and human destiny.

And science continues to ask questions that often show us just how much we still don't know.

I have no desire to destroy any of these traditions.

I want to study them.

I want to understand their contexts.

I want to compare their symbols.

I want to investigate their origins.

I want to look for patterns.

And I want to keep open the possibility that reality is far more complex than any human system has managed to explain so far.

That is why:

My religion is religious freedom for everyone.

My philosophy is inquiry.

My method is comparison.

My commitment is to the pursuit of truth.

And my principle is simple:

No religion should be imposed. No conscience should be enslaved. And no legitimate question should ever be forbidden.

Comentários